Green Line Velo's 7th year of hosting the Wednesday Night ride!
Years ago, the local Landry's Tuesday Night Tavern Ride was an institution in the Boston cycling community. GLV has dutifully carried on the great tradition of the Tavern Ride: a great route, great people and of course, great beer & pizza from Otto!
Landry's has graciously offered to continue allowing riders to change and drop bags at their shop. Please plan enough time to arrive at Cleveland Circle by 5:45pm. Meet in the parking lot next to Cassidy Field, where our ride leaders will go over instructions, safety precautions and divide riders into groups. You will be asked to sign our waiver if you haven't done so already. Depending on the amount of riders present, we will split into either 3 or 4 groups.
- Fast/Race-pace group:
This group will ride the 30mi loop at average speeds of 20-22mph. Toward the end of the season, we will expect riders to take their turns pulling at the front!
- Medium-Fast group:
This group will ride the 24 mile loop at speeds of 18-20mph. This group may or may not be available depending on the amount of riders for the day.
- Medium group:
A great choice for the somewhat-experienced, yet willing-to-learn-more crowd. Travelling at an average of 16-19mph, this group will cover the 24mi route.
- "Leisurely" pace group:
Perfect for those of you just getting into the great sport of road cycling! Please read our guidelines page for more information. This group will start the season at 14-15mph and travel the 20 mile course. By the end of the season, we expect this group to be averaging 15-16mph!
After the ride, we encourage riders to join us at Otto pizza on Commonwealth Ave near Landry's!
What to bring:
If you would like to participate in the group ride, you are REQUIRED to bring the following:
- A bike! Obviously. Road bikes are recommended, but we have had attendees use their hybrids or MTBs on rare occasions.
- Your helmet (riders will not be alowed to participate without one).
- A spare tube and a pump (or CO2) and your common sense. If you flat, ride leaders may lend you a tube out of the goodness of their own hearts, but they are certainly not required to do so. PLEASE COME PREPARED.
What NOT to bring:
- Fixed gear bikes without brakes are not allowed.
- If you have tri-bars or aerobar extensions, please do not use them during the ride.
- A negative or elitist attitude. We will not tolerate abusive language or failure to adhere to the rules of the ride.
Our ride leaders usually decide around 4pm the day of the ride if the weather is good enough to hold the ride. Please check the sidebar of this page or on our forums for more detailed info.
|Download .gpx||Download .gpx||Download .gpx|
This week's status:
|Wednesday, September 21, 2016|
Sorry folks! The group rides have officially ended for the season. We had a great 2016 with you all and look forward to seeing you in the spring!
- Temperature: 48 °F, feels like 42 °F
- Wind: W, 16.1 mph, gusts up to 25.3 mph
- Rel. Humidity: 93 %
- Visibility: 10 mi
- Sunrise: 01:40
- Sunset: 13:47
Fri, 2016-10-28 10:54