View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New to the area and looking to meet some people ride with 

Post New to the area and looking to meet some people ride with
Hello All,

My wife and I have just - 11/21 - moved to the area and I'm hoping to meet some folks to ride with. We've relocated from southern Rhode Island, where I've enjoyed fairly uncomplicated riding for many years. Now that we're in the city the riding is a bit intimidating and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get tied in with an individual or group that can help me learn the ins and outs of riding in greater Boston.

A bit of background -
I'm living in Chestnut Hill.
I'm a 47 yrs old Cat 2 - more of a Master now-a-days - who's been riding/racing since the late 80's.
I'm interested in road, MTB and CX riding/racing.
I'm interested in training throughout the winter, though my motivation is limited in very cold temps (< 25 degrees).
Currently, my schedule is very flexible, I can ride almost any time of day.

Please let me know if you're interested in getting out for a ride. The move has left me a bit less fit than I'd like to be right now, but I'm good for a brisk 30 or 40 miles.

Thank you,
Joel Brown

Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:46 am
Forum Rockstar 2000+ Posts

Post Re: New to the area and looking to meet some people ride wit
Hi Joel -

We do group rides during the summer months from Cleveland Circle (read about them HERE). As expected, during the winter there's a lot less going on that's organized, but I do know of a few great options.
- Saturday morning at 8:30 SHARP there's multiple options HERE (starts in Nahanton Park).
- Crack o' Dawn runs rides year round that leave early, but the guys are fast, so it's worth it.

Good luck! Feel free to post up here with any questions. There's lots of good routes at CRW.org as well.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]