View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Topics to Discuss With USAC/NEBRA? 

Post Topics to Discuss With USAC/NEBRA?
Hey everyone - today Kyle Butler and I will be attending the NEBRA Annual Report/Meeting. In this meeting - we have an opportunity to voice any and all topics that our team would like discussed.

Currently, the topics on the agenda include basic administrative stuff, including
    1) NEBRA Ranking system (Brian Crosby I believe was close or in the money on the NEBRA Rankings last year, so don't take this lightly - you can be rewarded at year's end for a season of hard work)
    2) Subcommittee Reports (including women, juniors and collegiate subcommittee reporting)
    3) NEBRA Grants - YES - NEBRA gives out money to the region for certain stuff, so let us know if you have a good idea for any grant requests
    4) Open Forum Discussion - This is where we can voice your thoughts and requests

The meeting is held at 2:45 today, so please post up any thoughts or requests no later than 1pm. Also, give me a call if thats easier. The things we talk about at this meeting directly impact the way the New England racing scene operates - and it can roll up to the national level quickly too, so please put in your two cents about what you like, don't like, and constructive ideas for better overall racing in our region.

- Keith -
5O8 558 Nine One Oh 9

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:53 am
EnduroBro
EnduroBro

Post Re: Topics to Discuss With USAC/NEBRA?
Topics to Consider:

1) Race Promoters should be forced to provide a women's race for any permitted event that also has a senior men's (19-29) race.
2) To discourage sandbagging, all NEBRA sanctioned road and 'cross events should be forced to submit results to crossresults.com and road-results.com. This will allow for easier tracking of people who are not upgrading.
3) There should be no "Women's open" mass start events. Having cat 4 women race cat 1 women is absolutely silly. Cat 1's fear the 4's inability to turn, and 4's fear the speed of the 1's. Which reduces attendance on both ends.

This one time I went to collegiate nationals, and got smoked.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:24 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Topics to Discuss With USAC/NEBRA?
Sounds like good ideas to me.

We have a Race Promoters Meeting next weekend with NEBRA. We can bring those topics up this week, and I think they might want to discuss them in more detail next week at the Promoters meeting. Also, if anyone is interested in checking out these meetings, please let me or Kyle know and we can have you along.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]